Brake efficiency is due to the interaction between rotors and brake pads. So, rotors surface should be the one of factors to consider for brake efficiency.
Method & Solution
1. 1. Inspect the rotors for thickness and damage like cracks, uneven wear, and warp.
2. 2. Resurface rotors in case of detect rotors problems as above and consider the thickness of them which determined by rotor standard thickness.
In general, the primary cause of brakes noise is the vibration while driving of brake accessories, e.g., calipers, brake springs, piston kids, brake pads, rotors,
1. 1. Some brake parts are incomplete.
2. 2. Some installation processes in brake system are incorrect.
Method & Solution
1. 1. Inspect brake parts before installing them
2. 2. Ensure that brake pads installation is correct.
However, our brake pads product, Primo, which is designed for preventing brakes noise with efficiency of friction materials and brake shim. So Primo is alternative solution to decrease brakes noise while driving.
Dust on car wheels is produced from brake pads and rotors while using brakes. The amount of dust is depending on type of brake pads, type of rotors, driving behavior and the complete of brake parts.
1. 1. Type of brake pads which can produce a large amount of dust, e.g., semi-metallic, low metallic.
2. 2. Wear from high performance usage of brake pads and rotors
3. 3. Surface of brake pads and rotors is overheated
Method & Solution
1. 1. Inspect that brake pads and rotors are corresponded to driving behavior.
2. 2. Inspect the causes of brake pads and rotors surface overheating and fix them.
Type of Friction Materials
The presence of copper in brake pads
1. Remove the caliper and rotor, be aware of wheel hub bearing on rotor, and tighten the nuts.
1.1 Inspect rotor surface for uneven wear patterns, deep grooves, high edges, crack, and hot spot.
1.2 Measure rotor thickness. Not less than standard.
1.3 Inspect rotor distortion with a dial gauge.
2. Rotors preparation before installation
2.1 Polish rotor surface to remove film transfer between rotors and brake pads surface.
– Resurface rotor in case that it has uneven wear and deep grooves.
-In case of replacing new rotor, the rotor surface should be washed with brake cleaner.
2.2 Clean dust from metal on the rotor surface after resurfacing by polishing rotor with sandpaper and blowing out dust which attach on rotor surface. Then cleaned with brake disc cleaner or water mixed with general cleaning liquid.
2.3 Use a tool to push the piston back into place.
Note: Note the brake fluid level in the reservoir. Not to overflow from the brake fluid reservoir.
3. Brake pads preparation before installation.
3.1 Choose the right brake pads for your car model and driving behavior.
3.2 Inspect brake pads
– Brake pads surface has no dirt attached.
– Brake pads are ready for use.
Note: Inspect the tool for brake pad installing like caliper kit (shim, sound absorbing pads and springs).
3.3 Apply lubricant (brakes grease) on friction points between brake discs, caliper brake and sound absorbing pads.
The debris and dust are struck on rotors and brake pads. They effect to abrase between rotors and brake pads while driving and they are the cause of brake noise making.
Method and Solution
1. 1) Polish rotor surface with sandpaper for removing scoring on rotor resurface. Then cleaning with water, detergent, soapy or stain remover and blow with air and dry them.
2. 2) If you did not replace new brake pads, you must polish brake pads surface like 8 shape movement for removing metal scraps. Then install brake pads and lubricate them correctly.
However, metal scraps from rotor resurfacing and dust accumulation from brake pads could be the cause of brake noise while driving due to contact between brake pads and rotor.
So, the most important thing to do after rotor resurfacing is cleaning metal scraps from rotor surface for preventing brake noise.
Every time you brake, there is the transfer film between brake pads and rotors surface which affect to brake performance. So, if there is the transfer film on their surface thoroughly, your brake system will work perfectly.
There is uneven transfer film between brake pads and rotors surface.
Method and Solution
1. 1.Inspect the movement of brake pads and make them smoothly move.
2. 2.Polish the uneven transfer film and bed in your brakes for fully develop an even transfer film.
The principle in bedding brakes for getting maximize brake performance
1. 1. To restore brake pads to ensure that they are ready for use.
2. 2. To restore surface between brake pads and rotor.
3. 3. To transfer film between brake pads and rotors surface.
1. 1. Inspect and prepare brake system before bed-in
2. 2. Perform moderate stops from 80 km/h to around 30 km/h.
3. 3. Repeat step 2 around 5-10 times or until there is fully develop an even transfer film on rotor surface.
Warning: Avoid heavy braking several times because it will burn brake pads and rotors surface. Finally, it will affect to braking performance.
Is bedding-in the brakes necessary for general driving?
If you drive in urban with general driving and your brake pads are perfectly bedded like our product, PRIMO, you do not have to worry about bedding-in.
Bedding-in is necessary for high performance usage and high-speed driving like racing car.
Primo is designed for general driving and suitable for driver who concerns about brake accessory appearance, brake noise, brake performance, safety, and international standard brake pad.
Strength of Primo
1. 1. Anti-Dust due to less wear rate.
2. 2. Anti-Noise.
3. 3. Low wear and tear on rotors.
4. 4. Caring for Your Brakes.
What is formulation design of Primo?
• Low copper and ceramic friction material, new formulation design brake pads.
• – Environment-friendly formulation. : Clean Drive
• The innovation from COMPACT BRAKES to comfort driving, anti-dust, anti-noise, and safety response.
What makes Primo eco-friendly?
• For your car
1. 1. Enhance product performance with international standard guarantee.
2. 2. Eco-friendly due to less wear rate.
1. 1. Eco-friendly friction material.
2. 2. USA International standard friction material and production.
3. 3. Reduce dust pollution effects due to less wear rate.
In the morning, there are high moisture accumulation on brake pads and rotor surface which affect to incomplete contact between brake pads and rotor surface in the first period of usage.
Moisture accumulation and movement of other parts cannot work causing stiffness or degeneration of some parts such as brake rubber cub.
First, press the brake pedal several times for getting rid of moisture between brake pads and rotor surface, and then try listening brake noise again. If brake noise does not occur, it will mean that some parts in the brake system cannot work completely or have stiffness. So, you should apply some lubricant to them. On the other hand, if brakes noise still occurs, you should recheck all related parts thoroughly.
In a case that you touched brake lightly. It means that the force from brake will also be less, causing the vibration to other parts in brake system easily and then brake noise will occur.
1.There are some parts in brake system which are not installed properly (break, not fit).
2. Movement of slide axis or brake piston is bad or cannot work completely, will cause the surface of rotor and brake pad cannot be attached properly and then brake noise will occur.
You should check, address or fix all parts in brake system which can be moveable such as slide axis, brake spring, brake piston, brake pad, etc.
The brake noise releases slowly from vibration causing the braking mechanism not smooth, even though your brake pedal is not pressed but the brake noise will still occur because the brake pad and rotor surface still in contact, and the friction is available.
1. 1. Gas film between brake pad and rotor surface is not transferred completely that cause the surface of brake pad and rotor does not in contact together completely too.
2. 2. Because the movement of some brake parts are stuck, the braking recovery is not complete such as brake fluid, caliper and brake pad are not return to original point.
3. 3. The brake rotor is not complete such as twisting, crooked or rough.
1. 1. Bedding-in brake pad and rotor should be careful and slowly.
2. 2. Prepare your brake system is ready to work by checking and repairing parts.
How to Bedding-in your brake pad?
Bedding in of the brake pads properly will ensure a perfect transfer of the film between the brake pads and the brake rotor
1. 1. Check if your brake system is ready to run in.
2. 2. Press your brake pedal with moderate force in order to reduce car speed from 80 km/h to 30 km/h.
3. 3. Repeat item 2 until the film is coating over the brake rotor surface (generally 5-10 times) The principle of bedding in new brake pads to maximum efficiency brake.
The principle of bedding in new brake pads to maximum efficiency brake.
1. 1. Prepare the brake pad surface ready to use
2. 2. Make the surface between brake pad and brake rotor contact completely.
3. 3. Make the film between brake pad surface and rotor surface coat over completely.
While braking, the many parts in brake system operate simultaneously such as calipers, slide pin, master cylinder piston, brake pads movement in a caliper spring assembly.
All parts mentioned has a great impact on brake noise.
Some parts in brake system will break or operate incompletely.
1. Recheck all parts in related break operating again to ensure all of them ready to work.
2. Install the brake kit carefully and correctly.
How to check the availability of all parts in your brake system.
1. Check the dustproof rubbly slide axis and brake piston seal that not deform, tear and swell including leakage of brake fluid
2. Check the slide pin by sliding the brake lower pump. It should not be stuck during the slide pin moving.
3. Check the spring pad assembly installed on the caliper. Spring components must be complete and also check the defects, deformation of the spring.
4. Check flexible brake hose.
How to check your brake rotor that is ready to use or not?
1. First, Remove the brake lower pump and hold the brake rotor against the wheel hub flange and then tighten the nut.
2. Check brake rotor surface that it should be smooth and even, no deep grooves or high edges, no brake burns or the brake rotor is cracked.
3. Measure the thickness of the brake rotor is not less than standard.
4.Check brake rotor distortion with a dial gauge.
When you driving in the rain or through water logging, the water film will occur between the brake pad and rotor surface, causing the brake noise and it make the brake performance reduce. Brake performance will recover until the water film fading.
There are the moisture and water film between brake pad and rotor surface.
Be careful when you are driving in the rain or through water logging. You must press brake pedal many times for removing water films between brake pads and rotor surface for recovering your brakes performance to be normal.
Normally, the brake dust can occur from the friction material wearing out and it often accumulates in the calipers, brake rotor and wheels.
1. 1. It will have brake dust from previous brake pad accumulating in caliper and rotor. Especially, you have been driven in the rain or through the water, the brake dust can be more easily accumulated than usual.
2. 2. Some parts in brake system are not ready to operate, deform or broken.
1. 1. Clean your brake rotor and caliper properly every times for removing the brake dust from brake system before replacing a new brake pad.
2. 2. If you found any issues. You can identify root cause from the abnormal thickness of the brake pad such as the pad surface is uneven will causing some parts in the system not working or abnormal.
• Primo brake pads are specially designed to provide good brake dust performance (very low dust) for customer satisfaction.
How to clean your brake rotor and related equipment in brake system?
1. 1. Grind rotor surface until the covered film is peeled off to adjust the surface before installing new brake pads.
– Grind the rotor surface in case of uneven surface, deep grooves, edge surface
2. Wash your rotor surface with brake cleaner before replacing brake rotor.
2. – Wash the rotor surface to remove metal dust on it out by washing and blowing dust on rotor surface and then clean the surface with brake cleaner.
Deep groove on rotor surface is streaky surface wearing occurring from traction between surface of brake rotor and friction material of brake pad as radial lines.
1. 1. Particles of gravel, metal dust or contaminants Inserted between the contact surface of the brake pads and brake rotor.
2. 2. Accumulated heat in some position is very high. So that lubrication between the surface of the brake pads and brake rotor cannot work completely.
1. 1. Clean the brake kit and brake pads surface to be free from dust, sand and contaminant.
2. 2. Check the completion of component in brake system and the movement of each part. If some parts are abnormal or cannot operate, you will fix or address that issue before using.
There are 5 common signs of resurfaced brake rotor;
1. 1. Heavily wavy surface
2. 2. Deep groove surface
3. 3. Inclined surface at inner and outer of rotor edge
4. 4. Slightly twisted rotor
5. 5. Unequal thickness of all over surface
Note: – If the brake rotors have below minimum thickness or have the fracture, do not resurface or grind but replaced by the new ones instead.
In the case of disc brakes, the minimum value of the brake disc thickness is 26 millimeters, but from the examination by measurement it was found that the thickness of the brake disc is 20 millimeters, which is much lower than the specified, so the brake disc should be replaced.
Primo has disc-friendly design. Therefore, it results in better wear.
1. 1. Avoid using the brakes continuously for a long time but use a lower gear when driving down steep slopes instead for reducing braking load.
2. 2. Check and fix the caliper set for good movement of the equipment and brake pads.
3. 3. Check brake rotor thickness and grind the surface to be within the thickness criteria, do not use brake rotor which has the thickness lower minimum criteria.
– Products throw away recycling bins. steel recycling process
– User manual paper recycling process
Packaging boxes, throw away recycling bins. paper recycling process
– Shrink Film, discarded in general trash.
– Foam Dispose of general trash.
Have any other questions?